The BabyFlix Sync utility is a Mac or Windows application that runs in the background on a computer and automates the process of loading files. The way it works is when you export a study from the ultrasound to a usb drive or network attached storage device you name the study the customer number (UID) from BabyFlix. When you export the study every file will begin with that customer number (i.e. 21300_001, 21300_002, etc). When the utility is running is looks for the files in a specific location and moves the files to the correct account in BabyFlix and deletes the files from the usb or network attached storage device.
How to configure the utility
- In the upper right dropdown in the web version of BabyFlix there is a option for Downloads.
- Choose either the Mac or Windows utility
- This will take you to a download page. Choose download (Mac) or direct download (Windows)
- Download and install the utility. Because the executables are not downloaded from app stores you will just have to allow the install in Windows or Mac.
- Once installed launch the app. It is titled babyflix-app. Just login with the same credentials you login from the website.
- Once logged in navigate to the dropdown in the upper right corned. Select change directory
- Then click the button Change Directory and select the usb drive letter or the path to the network attached storage device.
- Now when the usb drive is inserted the utility will look for files that begin with customer numbers and will load the files and delete once loaded.
- This process is much faster to get content into accounts.