Streaming with the Webcaster is similar to streaming with OBS but it is simpler. Below are the steps;
- Create – add a live streaming event from your customer list by clicking on the “Create” link on the line for the customer
- This will bring you to the create new event screen.
- Event Name Defaults to Customer Name
- Add the Date, Time and Duration of Scan
- Defaults to Your Time Zone
- You will see three options for the event
- Just Save Session and Don't Broadcast - this option will save the video to the customer's gallery but the session wont be broadcast live
- Just Broadcast and Don't Save - this option will send a notification to the customer that their scan is going to be broadcast live and they can invite guests to view the session. The video will not be saved into their gallery.
- Broadcast and Save - this option will send a notification to the customer that their scan is going to be broadcast live and they can invite guests to view the session. The video will be saved into their gallery.
- Click on Create New Event
In the Event menu there is a calendar where the saved live streamed events can be found
- Each customer event will be listed in the day their scan is scheduled.
- To view the detail of the event click on the customer's name
Live Stream Detail Screen
The live stream detail screen will show the details about a live streaming event
- Start Streaming and Stop Streaming buttons
- Event Stream Link - This is the link to the player where the live stream can be viewed.
- Application Url - this is the url for Open Broadcaster in the Stream tab.
- Stream Key - this is the customer number
When the scan is about to begin click on the Start Stream button. A green message should appear stating that the stream has started. Click on the Event stream link and ensure the stream is playing by clicking on the play button on the player and watching the live stream. When the scan is over, click the back browser button and go back to the event screen. Click on the Stop Stream button. A message will appear that the stream is stopped.