Connect the Device to the Internet
The Webcaster X2 device is like a computer and video capture device in one. When you get the device the first thing to do is to get connected to the internet. To do this you first need to;
- Connect the device to a TV or computer monitor with an HDMI Cable. Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI out on the Webcaster X2 to an HDMI input on the TV of computer monitor.
- Connect a usb mouse to one of usb ports on device.
- Click on any of the services on the home page (Facebook, YouTube, etc.). Then go to Setting.
- Select WI-FI to connect to your Wifi network. Click on Ethernet if you are connecting to a hardwire connection and ensure that you have an ip address.
Most of the Webcaster devices that are shipped need a firmware upgrade when they are unpacked. To do this follow these steps;
- When the device is all connected to the TV/monitor and the mouse is connected you should see the BabyFlix logo. If you do not, click on the Facebook logo and in the top left/middle you should see a link for 'Update Available.'
- Click on the 'Update Available' link. This will download the update and you will need to restart the device.
- Right click on the mouse to cone back to the main screen
- Now the BabyFlix logo should appear in the opening screen. Click on the logo and go to the settings page.
Get Pairing Code
- From the main screen click on the BabyFlix logo
- Click on Pair where you see the Pairing code
- Copy the pairing code and send this code to BabyFlix Support (email@example.com).
Maximizing the Screen
A popular configuration of the Webcaster is to have the HDMI signal from the ultrasound from the machine plugged into the HDMI In on the Webcaster device. From the Webcaster device the HDMI out can go to a projector/TV. The setup works great, but one setting can provide a better image on the TV. This setting will eliminate the border at the bottom and top of the screen. Below are the steps to make this change.
- If not already on the Preferences page, click the Preferences icon at the lower right corner of the screen; the preferences screen opens.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and uncheck Hide UI automatically (better performance) in the Admin section (or check to restore better performance).
- Right click to exit the Preferences.
As a backup device we highly recommend using the HD Capture Box. This will save the videos locally in addition to saving the video to BabyFlix.